Today marks the end of the third nine weeks at school. That’s exciting and all, but what that really means is tomorrow we star the LAST nine weeks of the year! So, in the spirit of exciting times, here are nine things I’m loving right now. I’ve included links where possible!
1. The NINE books I have already finished for the year. Say what? I’m actually staying on top of my goal this year. No more waiting until the last second to finish book #50. I’ve fallen a little behind my original goal of “a book per week,” but I’ve managed to read some pretty good ones so far. Highlights include The Boys in the Boat by Daniel James Brown, and The Best Yes, which is a total life changer!
2. The new park I have discovered near my apartment. It’s sad that I’ve been living here for a year and a half and have just now realized that there is an amazing park within walking distance of my casa. There’s a lake, trails, and a disc golf course. It’s fabulous and I’m so excited to be moving my evening runs to a more scenic location. Speaking of evening runs…
3. My Fitbit. Last week I bought a Fitbit flex after some research and several pro/con lists. The verdict? I’m obsessed! That 10,000 step goal is like a challenge every day, and the app lets me track my water, calories, and sleep. Plus the wristband acts as a silent alarm that vibrates to wake me up in the morning. I can always use some extra help getting out of bed.
4. The Weather. Today was heavenly! Sunshine, 85 degrees, a wonderful breeze blowing. It was a great early spring day. I wish this weather would last so we could avoid the humidity as long as possible.
5. Pantene’s Expert Collection Fade Defy Shampoo and Conditioner. This duo cost me a few extra bucks at the drug store, but I love, love, love the way it keeps my hair color looking fresh. The day after I started using it a friend asked me if I had retouched my roots. The truth? Six weeks and still going strong!
6. The Season Finale of Downton Abbey. For the first time this finale didn’t make me cry tears of anguish–just happy tears for Anna and Bates, Carson and Mrs. Hughes, and hopefully Mary and the super snazzy racecar driver played by Matthew Goode (AKA Finn Polmar from The Good Wife).
7. Starbucks Latte. Okay, we all know Starbucks makes the best lattes. But recently I’ve stopped ordering the syrupy drinks and gone back to just a straight latte with one sweet n’ low. Heavens to Betsy is it perfect!
8. Burt’s Bees Lip Shine in “Flutter.” This has become my go-to lip gloss. It’s natural looking, very shiny, and has just a little bit of color. It’s on sale on their website, so I’m afraid they’re getting rid of it!
9. Russ Ramsey’s Lent Devotional Behold the King of Glory. Seriously, so great. Ramsey is a fantastic author, I read his book Behold the Lamb of God every year during advent, so I was incredibly excited to see that he had written a companion for Lent. If you need to be reminded of the wonderful story of Jesus’s life, death, and resurrection, this is the book for you.
So, there are my nine things that I’m loving right now! Let the countdown to spring break and summer and all things warm begin!